Thursday 4 November 2010

Red Fashion & Inspiration

I began to look through fashion magazines to find red images and red fashion as a starting point for inspiration. I found alot of images that grabbed my attention which I collaged together and are shown below.
Red is a very bold colour it whatever shade and can be quite overpowering, however used in the right way, like in these editorial fashion shots, the models look interesting and it draws your eye in. I especially like the large image of the model in the background as only her jacket is red yet it is enough as it still grabs your attention.



I found this image of a brick wall which I loved. It has been edited to look alot redder than it actually was, however I feel that with a black and white image infront it could really stand out and grab attention.
The heart which I found made up of catwalk models shows that there are many shades and tones of red aswell as the colour being quite fashion forward.


I liked the styling of the model dressed in black with her 50's style hair and makeup teamed with modern clothing and a hint of red accesories. The red still makes as much of an impact as you are drawn to the detail.
The image of the rubies and diamonds express a certain lifestyle, they look expensive and glamourous and could symbolise how precious a life is.


I thought about everyday objects abit more and found this image in a magazine of a telephone box that had been posterised. It made me think about how traditionally British the red phonebox and letterbox's were and thst an image of something like this could show how much britain and life within it means to some people.
I also really like the image of the girl dressed in all red against the white stones and rocks she is sat on. The contrast of the bright white and red is really interesting and eye pleasing.


I found this image in an Elle magazine and found it realy inspiring how either lighting or enhancement has been used to put a red cast over the image, setting an atmosphere. This could be a good idea for my shoot as I would be including a model which would be styled however the red overcast sets the mood and helps tell a story, whilst meeting the 'red' requirement of the brief.






No comments:

Post a Comment