Tuesday 9 November 2010

Photography Ideas

I decided that I was going to focus on the love of life and the happiness and freedom within it. This is what heart means to me and I would like my photographs to potray this story.
After looking through magazines, books and websites etc to get some inspiration, I have come up with a few ideas for my final shoot as well as location and styling.

Black & White/Red:
One idea I had was to take my photo and then using photoshop make it into a black and white image with hightlighted sections in red like the images below.

 The section which is hightlighted red could be alot less prominent than the images I have shown here. For example, my models shoes could just be red or a scarf in her hair.
The section highlighted could be the most important section of the image so that your eye is drawn to that area, however it could be the opposite so the viewer completly misses the story behind the image purposely.

Red Hint:
Another idea I had was to take a normal fashion image that portrayed happiness and freedom and then edit a number of them, placing a red hint over the whole image. I have tried this technique out with an existing fashion photograph and I feel it has worked very well.
Original Image
Edited Image





















Using this effect adds a positive feel to the image whilst making it more vibrant and eye-catching.


No comments:

Post a Comment